Moonlight on Mountain Pond

I spent a few hours in the studio the past couple of evenings matting drawings and paintings to see what I'd like to enter in my next juried exhibition.  Sometimes framing or even simply matting a painting or drawing help expose any compositional flaws.



Moonlight on Mountain Pond

There is a stillness in the wood
That is hard to comprehend
As I hike away from civilization, from the “should’s”
I leave the car and my worries behind

The daylight views are dramatic enough
But the night sky and the dance of moonlight and shadow
On clouds, mountain, forest and stream
Leave me spellbound

Like the sirens of myth
It is possible to become lost in natures song  
But the sound of my heart provides the rhythm
To the silence
Provides the anchor in the storm
The storm we all carry inside

In a few days
I’ll be back at work
Surrounded by activity and sound
The “should’s” will have returned in full force

In moments of decision,
I strive to remember
The mountains
The dance of moonlight and shadow
The silence

I am learning to be still

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lone Pine - Cape Cod

Study Ice Breaking - Androscoggin River parts B and C