Winter 4-6

Winter Paintings 4 - 6

These three paintings were not completed on location, but resulted directly from on location observations.  In each case, I went home after visiting a location and completed these drawings and paintings from memory.

Fort Williams and Moonlight, Ice, Androscoggin were competed very rapidly in one setting.  I didn't have my paints with me  at the time, but I wanted to capture my enthusiasm and the excitement of the moments as soon as possible. The bulk of the larger oil was completed in one sitting as well.

I enjoy working through the design process as well, but when producing a finished painting, I like to keep things as spontaneous as possible.  Painting on location helps me to "keep things fresh."


Charcoal on Paper - Fort Williams Winter
8" x 11"


Moonlight Ice Androscoggin
Watercolor 8"x12"
(First Prize, Watercolor 10th annual Joy of Art)




After the Storm - Oil Painting
24" x 36"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lone Pine - Cape Cod

Study Ice Breaking - Androscoggin River parts B and C