Tucked Away - Elmer L Ham

I was rummaging around the top floor of an antique store and I saw two black portfolios tucked in a back corner on top of a stack of chairs.  I made my way through the stacks of chairs and pulled the portfolios out to where I could open them up.

I figured there would be a few school sketches and some studies as each portfolio was quite thickly packed (each appprox 2" thick).   There were some studies of still lives, some partially completed watercolors, but things quickly turned even more interesting.

The Fenway, Boston
by Elmer L Ham (1884-1978)

Scores of boldly and confidently painted watercolor's, some signed by Elmer L. Ham, some not signed but clearly by the the same hand.  I've been researching the artist since this find and will share more paintings and information in future posts.

Many of these paintings I will keep, but others I will sell and attach his biography (as much as I can complete it) so that others may rediscover him too.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lone Pine - Cape Cod

Study Ice Breaking - Androscoggin River parts B and C