With All Thy Might

 

With All Thy Might
Acrylic 12" x 16"


I enjoy times at the coast when the weather is such what the roar of the ocean and wind drown out the concerns of the day.  These walks and painting sessions bring to me a deep sense of peace that is both as indescribable as it is increasingly rare in the frenetic pace of our daily lives

This subject, like many of mine, is a combination of a number of places along the Maine Coast and it's islands.  The bulk of the painting was completed in one day.  I'd really been fascinated with the ever changing cloud formations.

The original pass at this subject is below.   I knew that the wave was not correct, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it - so I simply set it aside..


Sometimes the time in between first pass and second is less than a day.  At other times - years.  In this case it was the latter.  

I added more movement to the wave, with the center pushing forward more quickly.  I also added a little more contrast to the tall grass and a few hangers on - leaves on the saplings.  I'm always amazed how nature finds a way - in this case a few leaves in an exposed wind and surf driven spot remain attached even through the first snow.

.
#robertkahlerlandscapepainting,#acrylic, #maine, #ArtForSale, #WorkingMethods, #seascape

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lone Pine - Cape Cod

Study Ice Breaking - Androscoggin River parts B and C