Elmer Ham floral


Elmer L Ham - Pastel Floral

Here is another fragment of a floral study by Elmer L Ham.  I've really enjoyed working through these fragments and experimenting with different compositions.  
I've never really tried collage before but I think I will in the future.  I'm now keeping scraps and bits that I used to throw away for further consideration down the road.   Sometimes preliminary pieces are so much more freeing to work on - that happy accidents can occur.  

While working on some of these fragments its been very interesting to see the different perspectives approaching abstraction. 

The above fragment is a Pastel.   Below is a watercolor fragment.


I'll include more floral still lives in other posts.  This subject matter definitely reflects Ham's training with Laura Coombs Hills.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lone Pine - Cape Cod

Study Ice Breaking - Androscoggin River parts B and C